NewGate is organized into four levels: Toddlers, Early Childhood, Elementary, and Upper School.Click on the links below for more information about our programs at each level: >> Toddlers:
Age 18 months to approximately 3 years-old*>> Early Childhood:
Approximately age 3 to 5*>> Elementary:
Which is divided into 2 levels
>> Upper School,
- Lower Elementary: Approximately age 6 through 8* (Equivalent of Grades 1-3)
- Upper Elementary: Approximately age 9 through 11* (Equivalent of Grades 4-6)
which is also divided into 2 levels:
- Upper School – Secondary Cycle 1: Approximately age 12 and 13* (Equivalent of Grades 7 and 8)
- Upper School – Secondary Cycle 2: Approximately age 14 to 17* (Equivalent of Grades 9 – 12)
* Students advance as they are developmentally readyToddlers (Age 18 months to 3)Early Childhood (Ages 3 to 6)
Download a PDF file with a special issue from our magazine, Tomorrow's Child, Montessori 101. It offers a good overview of the basic principles behind Montessori education.
Elementary (Ages 6 to 12 / Grades 1 to 6) Video: A Time To Blossom – Montessori For The Kindergarten Year
This video, filmed at NewGate, was produced by the Montessori Foundation and Artrix Video Productions of Sarasota helps parents of three and four-year-old children who are enrolled in a Montessori school to understand and appreciate the importance of the third (or kindergarten) year in the early childhood Montessori program.
The Upper School: Middle School and High School (Ages 12 to 18 / Grades 7 to 12)